Thursday, May 22, 2008

Even Children Can Know the Truth


Well, I had an interesting conversation with my son the other day coming back from his Awana class (a class for children to learn the TRUTH about the Bible) about why he is home schooled. He asked why he did not go to school and his friends did. I started by telling him that the schools now teach stuff that is contrary to the word of God and that mom and dad did not what our kids to be exposed to it.

Needless to say that did not satisfy his 8 year old curiosity, so he asked me specifically what were some of the things that the school taught. Well the easiest and least difficult to explain was to tell him that some people believed that the whole world evolved from something else, and that God had nothing to do with creating the universe. I just loved his response. "Well that is just stupid !" I said that I would agree with that however if you talk to your friends about it we need to be Christ like in our response and help them to learn the TRUTH. They may not believe it but we should tell them what it is and let God be in control of the outcome.

Something that proves the point in why I don't want my kids taught evolution is from a National Geographic show that we were watching about dogs. In the show they were talking about foxes being breed to be less and less agressive and more like dogs by breading them with foxes that were not the ideal color in the coat and other non standard fox characteristics. In the end the outcome was much less aggressive foxes and ones that are more like the temperment of a domesticated dog. I believe that it was my son that was watching this program with me and he looked at me at one point and said "are they now dogs" I told him no they are still foxes and they will always be foxes. So I need to defend my family against such a little program like this. Well it is much easier to defend my family when my wife and I are in complete control of what they see and what they are taught.

I am teaching my kids to know the TRUTH and to discern the deception and my ultimate goal to is have them be able to tell others about the TRUTH and defend it.

THINK ABOUT IT AND READ THE WORD (DON'T BE HOODWINKED)


No comments: