Monday, August 4, 2008

The Million Dollar Flight

Well I have not really gone out on the street or passed out tracts since the last time that I wrote on the blog. Well actually, every drive through that I have gone through in this span has gotten a million dollars. I would guess 3-4 drive through restaurants.

So this morning I headed out on a week long business trip and prayed for the opportunity to encounter someone that I might be able to strike up a conversation with and transition to the gospel during my travels. Well God did not take to long in full filling that request. My first flight from Allentown to Detroit, had me sitting next to Lisa. Lisa was very talkative which made it easier and she was very nervous about the flight. She said that she used to like flying however that had changed. I asked her why that had changed. She said that now having kids and being a single mom made her think more about her own mortality. Wow, could I get an easier way to transition to the law and the gospel. Well, I let it go by and didn't jump on it. The longer it was that it went by the more and more conviction I felt that I let it slip by. As we discussed other things, I was eventually able to bring it up again and asked her why she thought more about her own mortality and the transition from the natural to the spiritual had begun.

I found out that she did think that there was something after this life and she thought that there was a heaven and a God, however she was not so keen on the concept of Hell. She also thought that God forgave everyone. I tried to explain that is not the case and she was more than willing to listen to everything that I had to say. She thought that it would not be fair for God to send people to Hell. I said that maybe it was not fair however that it was JUST. She grew up Catholic, however I did not go down the road of the differences of Christianity and Catholicism. I think that would have totally de-reaild the conversation and got it headed down the wrong path.

But ultimatly I found that part of her belief that was going to be a hang up for her salvation was that she believed that people were not born sinners. We discussed the sin of Adam and that his sin did us all in however she was not sure that she believed it. Unfortunally she feels that she is ok and God will forgive her and she is good to go to heaven. Based on her answers to questions, I have concerns that she is not. I asked her to read Romans 1, hopefully she will it it will help to show her our problem.

So as the stewardess was coming down to give us drinks this part of our conversation was coming to an end. She asked if she could borrow a buck to help pay for her wine (I am guessing to calm her nerves) and I gave her the buck and gave her a million dollar bill as well. The neat part about this was that I was not the first person to give her a million dollar bill. Her boyfriends boss gave her one as well. Hopefully she will give some thought to what I have told her and what her boyfriends boss told her. I think I will have to get the Billion Dollar bill tract just in case this happens again. Then I can so "oh you got the million, here have a billion then"

1 comment:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

You rock Mr. Clean. Can't wait for that flight back into Allentown!