Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Did It !

What is it that I did? I got off my butt and went to talk to people on the street about the law and gospel.

It was a little nerve racking to say the least. I don't know why, all I am doing is talking to people and asking questions. I guess it is all about getting the conversation started.

I went up and down Penn Ave. in Reading and talked to people. There were not that many people we were hoping for more. But I was able to get into some conversations with 3 people. Everyone else that I spoke to if they said no, would at least get a million dollar bill with the gospel message on it.

I had a conversation with a guy named Frank, when asked what would happen when you die he thought that re-incarnation was the way to go. He also said that he did believe in a Heaven and a Hell. However he really thought that we were living in Hell now and everyone would go to Heaven. I think that he is really not sure what is the right way. I spoke to him about what Christ did for us and he seemed to agree with me. I think that he has a lot to work out. Please pray for Frank that God may use this time that I had with him in a way that may bring him to God. I gave him a million dollar bill before we left. He asked where I was from and told him about our church. He stated that he really liked the way that we approached him and got the conversation going.

I only spent an hour on the street, but that was a lot better than nothing at all.

I am hoping that I can get out a least twice a month and that I can recruit more people from my church to go with me.

Thanks to all you may have been praying.


1 comment:

Angel at Aduladi' said...

I am just a little proud of you too... ;-)